Thursday, May 28, 2009

Are they aliens?

They seem to live completely in their own world. They often wear funny things on their heads backward or sideways. They talk only using their thumbs. They have funny markings or holes in their bodies. They do not understand the rest of us at all. We don't really understand them. They have no desire to live in community with us. Our rules and regulations mean nothing to them. Are they beings from another planet. Or just our teenagers hitting that stage?...

7 comments:

  1. haha - i thought you were talking about men in general LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are not normal humans that is for sure. My child ignored me in public yesterday. I was only trying to give him money. Go figure

    ReplyDelete
  3. *laughs* definitely beings from another planet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie - LOL!

    I read your post Laura and am reminded of a time when my own mom didn't understand me spending hours and hours alone in my room, listening to music (she didn't understand), writing and reading poetry (she didn't understand) and drawing, painting, creating images (she didn't understand).

    All these years later and it's still pretty safe to say that she still doesn't understand me ... and that's OK ... because only the love matters - whether either of us understand it or not ...

    Ashe. Ashe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cracked up when I read this! You are so right...they ARE a strange breed! There is no understanding them, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps---and I have to admit...I agreed with Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, a question we may never know the answer to.

    ReplyDelete