Sunday, November 15, 2009

We're only human...

I've had the opportunity to speak to a few different spiritual teachers. All going through their own challenges recently (myself included). This week I received an enewsletter from a very well known spiritual teacher who disclosed her own challenges, too. While I do not wish challenges upon anyone, I find it refreshing that even those among us who hold ourselves out as light workers are being honest. We don't always have the answers. Sometimes all the positive thinking and higher vibrations in the world wont stop life from happening to us. I cringe when it feels to me that a spiritual teacher is holding him/herself above the masses. For we are all one. Each with our own life lessons. I'm reminded of the curriculum of the Reiki Master course that I teach. Where we learn that Master means teacher. So a Reiki Master is simply a teacher of Reiki. Not a 'master' as in ascended to a level above anyone else. And I think once again about the recent passing of such a powerful healer to cancer. And part of me can't help but wonder why. Shouldn't the healer have been able to heal? But we cannot pretend to know the true path of another. And while we all have the capacity to touch spirit. We are still all human.

No comments:

Post a Comment