Saturday, October 24, 2009

A party!

I have to admit I haven't been to a halloween party in quite some time. But tonight lots of friends and sons, too, are gathering at a friend's for a traditional halloween extravaganza. My friend who is hosting has gotten into the spirit like I have never seen before. Every inch of her house is now decorated. All levels. Spiderwebs, dismembered people, pumpkins, cockroaches, spiders, just to name a few. There are things and people hanging from trees in the yard. But most impressive is a mad scientist lab. Complete with pre-cooked items in jars such as eyeballs, insects, body parts and stuff. The preparation has taken months. The effort huge. There's even going to be an impressive scavenger hunt for all to partake. The menu itself would scare even the strongest among us. I'm bringing her a special gift from my family to show how much we love her and our appreciation of how much she would give of herself so that all of us can have so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment