Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beyond Religion

I have been attending a weekly spiritual group with a friend. I was a bit hesitant at first because it is not my religion. But I trust my friend so I gave it a try. What I'm finding is warming my heart. The same teachings that I find through many different spiritual practices. That of love. That the divine is love. That we have the divine within us and within all nature. Reminding us to breath. To slow down. That what we are searching for when we feel empty is that connection to the divine. All tenets that feel true to me. And I'm reminded how important it is to not allow our particular religious language to separate us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true. So TRUE. We ARE all one and religion and languages can create that separation. Lovely post, Laura Rose!

    ReplyDelete