Thursday, May 6, 2010

Gluten Free Muffins

I developed this gluten free muffin recipe that has lots of protein and tastes good. My guidance has always been to add more protein to my morning food intake and give up the empty carbs. So here it is:

1 cup almond flour
1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 cup raw cacao powder (I also substitute Navitas twister power protein mix sometimes)

mix together all these dry ingredients and then mix together the wet below before combining wet and dry.

1 egg beaten (instead of an egg I use a substitute that I learned from Terry Walters' "Clean Food" cookbook -- 1 tablespoon of golden flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of water...let stand until the water is absorbed)
1/2 cup of grapeseed oil
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of almond milk
5 Tablespoons of agave

combine wet with dry and add chopped fruit of your choice. My favorites are strawberries and blueberries.

Pour into baking cups in a muffin tin.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. Makes 7.

As always with gluten free stuff, eat within a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment