Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Are you sure?

I have to give a lot of credit to those of you who are single parents. I know there are so many times I am grateful to have the balance of my other half. He is able to see our boys as they are much more than I can. He knows what our 19 and 18 year old young men are about and are capable of. I, on the other hand, have to admit that sometimes in my heart they are still 5 and 6. So, when hubby says to me, the boys are gonna be in their own plow truck for this past snow storm, I look at him and say, "Really, are you sure?" It's the same reaction I gave back when they first got thrown in the water behind the boat with a pair of skis on their little feet. "Are you sure?" I asked hubby. When we taught them to drive, when they brought home their first girlfriend. "Are you sure they're ready for this?" And hubby just nods, "it'll be fine." And the plowing was no different. They ended up doing a phenomenal job without mishap. I will admit to 'cheating' in the middle of the night by asking the angels to show them to me. And I saw a bright white light surrounding them so I knew they were fine. And then I could go back to sleep. So that is my advice, as long as your reservations aren't based on anything 'real', you just gotta trust 'um!

No comments:

Post a Comment