Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter doldrums...

I wake up this morning and the temp outside reads 7 degrees. And mostly it feels as if I can't breathe. I'm definitely a summer girl. Even hot and humid I welcome. I'm trying really hard not to complain. But we never really had a warm and sunny summer and now we're smack dab in the middle of cold. Even as I type this I'm aware of places out west that are even colder. And the warm places like Texas and Fla who are in record lows as well. But I really do miss short sleeves....right now I miss anything less than 3 layers of clothes! And so I can try to find what I'm grateful for like the home that provides shelter, the FREE wood we received last summer that warms our house in our wood stove, and hubby who did the splitting and is the only one who really knows how to light a warm fire. And most of all family that adds the true spark of love!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just odd. I *love* the weather extremes that New England offers - and even though I don't do AC in summer I am glad for heat in *this* season. I just came in from spending a little time outside with the dog and it was remarkably refreshing. Then again, it's nice to be back in on the couch with my blankie (and dog) to warm me up!

    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete